There are generally two main gateways to the Huatulco international airport (HUX); through Houston from the US/Canada and Mexico City (D.F.) from Mexico. The other way into Huatulco is through direct charter flights (more info below).
- Westjet Airlines
- 2 direct flights a week from Calgary & Toronto starting mid-December.
- 1 direct flight a week from Vancouver starting October 29, 2017
- 1 direct flight a week from Edmonton starting November 2, 2017
- Sunwing Airlines makes flying to Huatulco easy with direct charters on Tuesdays from Vancouver, Victoria, Edmonton, Calgary, Saskatoon, Regina, Winnipeg, Montreal and Toronto during high season from the end of October to the end of April/May.
- Air Canada offers:
- Direct flights to Huatulco from Toronto on Tuesdays & Saturdays in high season.
- 2 daily direct flights from Toronto to Mexico City.
- 4 daily direct flights from Vancouver to Mexico City.
- Direct flights to Houston from Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto & Montreal. From Houston you take a direct flight to Huatulco with Continental Airlines.
- Check Air Canada’s flight schedule for details.
- Air Canada Rouge offers a direct flight twice a week from Toronto on Saturdays in high season.
- Air Transat:
- Weekly flights on Mondays to Huatulco from Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver in high season.
- Weekly flights on Fridays to Huatulco from Toronto.
- Visit www.airtransat.ca or book through your local travel agent.
From the U.S.
- United Airlines have connecting service to Huatulco with flights from Houston.
- Flights typically depart Houston at 11:45AM and arrive in Huatulco between 2:00pm and 2:30pm. In high season, departing flights leave Houston every day except Saturday; return flights leave Huatulco Monday through Thursday.
- Sun Country Airlines fly direct from Minneapolis to Huatulco on Saturdays (High Season only).
- Apple Vacations fly direct from Chicago to Huatulco starting in October and direct from St. Louis, Missouri to Huatulco on Fridays starting in December.
- Interjet flies direct to Mexico City from Miami, New York, San Antonio, Houston and Las Vegas. Aeromexico flies direct Mexico City from Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Fresno, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Ontario, Orlando, Sacramento and San Antonio. These flights offer easy access to Mexico City where you can hop on one of 6 flights a day in high season to Huatulco International Airport.
- Interjet – Our favorite airline in Mexico and the one with the most flights from Mexico City to Huatulco is Inter-Jet. They do not show up on Expedia or other travel search websites but depending on the season can fly from 2 to 4 times a day making it possible to get to Huatulco via Mexico City on the same day. Inter-Jet offers complimentary beverages on the flight and gets two thumbs up!
- Aeromexico flies to Mexico City from Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver and Calgary.
- Aeromexico flies from Mexico City to Huatulco. 2 stops are still necessary, but one does not have to change airlines, which makes it nice (High & Low Season).
- Volaris flies from Mexico City (MEX) to Huatulco (HUX) twice a week on Sundays and Thursdays.
- Aero-Mar flies from Mexico City (MEX) to Huatulco (HUX) or to Puerto Escondido (December only).
- AeroTucan flies from Oaxaca City to Huatulco (High & Low Season)