With increased demand to this Southern Mexican paradise, flying to Huatulco is getting easier.
There are generally two main gateways to the Huatulco international airport (HUX); through Houston from the US/Canada and Mexico City (D.F.) from Mexico. The other way into Huatulco is through direct charter flights (more info below).
- Westjet Airlines
- 2 direct flights a week from Calgary & Toronto, starting November.
- 1 direct flight a week from Vancouver starting October 29, 2017
- 1 direct flight a week from Edmonton starting November 2, 2017
- Sunwing Airlines makes flying to Huatulco easy with direct charters on Tuesdays from Vancouver, Victoria, Edmonton, Calgary, Saskatoon, Regina, Winnipeg, Montreal and Toronto during high season from the end of October to the end of April/May.
- Air Canada offers:
- Direct flights to Huatulco from Toronto on Tuesdays & Saturdays in high season.
- 2 daily direct flights from Toronto to Mexico City.
- 4 daily direct flights from Vancouver to Mexico City.
- Direct flights to Houston from Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto & Montreal. From Houston you take a direct flight to Huatulco with Continental Airlines.
- Check Air Canada’s flight schedule for details.
- Air Canada Rouge offers a direct flight once a week from Toronto on Saturdays in high season.
- Air Transat:
- Weekly flights on Mondays to Huatulco from Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver in high season.
- Weekly flights on Fridays to Huatulco starting December 22, 2017 from Toronto.
- Visit www.airtransat.ca or book through your local travel agent.
- Interjet: flies direct to Mexico City from: Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver.
- Aeromexico: flies to Mexico City from: Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary.
From the U.S.
- United Airlines have connecting service to Huatulco with flights from Houston.
- Flights typically depart Houston at 07:45AM, 10:00AM, 04:00PM and arrive in Huatulco between 03:00PM and 10:00PM. In high season, departing flights leave Houston every day except Saturday; return flights leave Huatulco Monday through Thursday.
- SunCountry Airlines fly direct from Minneapolis to Huatulco on Saturdays starting January 13, 2018 (High Season only).
- Apple Vacations fly from Chicago to Huatulco starting in October and direct from St. Louis, Missouri to Huatulco on Fridays starting in December.
- Interjet flies direct to Mexico City from: Houston, Las Vegas, Miami, Nueva York, San Antonio, Dallas (Fort Worth), Los Ángeles, Orlando (Sanford), Chicago (O’Hare).
- Aeromexico flies to Mexico City from Austin, Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Fresno, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Ontario, Orlando, Portland, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose Cal., San Antonio, Seattle, and Washington D.C. These flights offer easy access to Mexico City where you can hop on one of 6 flights a day in high season to Huatulco International Airport.
- Volaris flies direct to Huatulco (HUX) from Chicago every Saturday 7:00AM starting November 18 2017.
- Interjet – Our favorite airline in Mexico and the one with the most flights from Mexico City and Guadalajara to Huatulco is Inter-Jet. They do not show up on Expedia or other travel search websites but depending on the season can fly from 2 to 4 times a day making it possible to get to Huatulco via Mexico City on the same day. Inter-Jet offers complimentary beverages on the flight and gets two thumbs up!
- Aeromexico flies to Mexico City from Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver and Calgary.
- Aeromexico flies from Mexico City to Huatulco, direct flight.
- Volaris flies from Mexico City (MEX) , to Huatulco (HUX) every day; one flight a day typically departs at 2:00PM.
– Guadalajara (GDL) direct to Huatulco (HUX) twice a week .
– Monterrey (MTY) direct to Huatulco (HUX).
- VivaAerobus flies from Mexico City (MEX) to Huatulco (Hux) and Puerto Escondido every day.
– Monterrey (MTY) direct to Huatulco (HUX) starting December 14, 2017 (December only).
- TAR Aerolineas flies from Oaxaca City (OAX) to Huatulco (HUX) on Monday, Tuesday and Sundays.
- Aero-Mar flies from Mexico City (MEX) to Puerto Escondido and Oaxaca City (OAX).
- AeroTucan flies from Oaxaca City to Huatulco (High & Low Season)